----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 18, 2012

life moving forward.

the past few days have been indescribable. having my best friend back is the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time. it's nice to have someone to talk to, who understands me and loves me for who i am. i can't complain about having my cuddle bug back either :) i feel like all we do is run around like crazy.

it can get a bit frustrating at times with so much going on and no time to really just sit and talk about everything. i'd like to hear more mission stories and talk about the future. but i'll take what i can get.

last night we had date night for Parker's birthday and we had so much fun being together. i loved actually having my date back haha. that was nice!



today was his homecoming and he did so good! i am so proud of him and the man he has become. he talked about charity, the pure love of Christ and how the biggest motivator is love. his testimony in Spanish was touching and the spirit was so strong in that room. he is such a spiritual giant and makes me want to be a better person.

it's been like a fairy tale the past few days and i know that life can only get better from here. we haven't really talked about the future and where life is going to take us, but i know that wherever that is, it is by the Lord's will. He is in charge and knows what is best for us and for me. He knows my concerns and my worries, and so far has helped me overcome them all. i may not have everything figured out and know what is going to happen... but i do know that if i just keep moving forward with faith, he will lead and guide me to be the best person i can be and be truly happy.

this experience has been one i will cherish for a lifetime. though it was hard and definitely not how i had planned it, again the Lord knew what i needed and the trials i had to face so that i could become the best i could be. not only for me but for my family, my future family and cameron. i wish i could tell him in words what a blessing he has been and what an example he has been in my life. it's funny, i actually miss him being on his mission... possibly more than he does. i loved the spirit that was sent in every letter and the feelings i got, knowing he was out there bringing the gospel to someone who was searching for the truth. i know that both of our experiences will help us to grow and strengthen each other together as we keep moving forward in life.

i want to be that example. a daughter of God who knows who she is and what she stands for. i love the quote that says "you have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." in my own personal life i know this is true! as a daughter of God, i have promised to stand as a witness of God in all times, all things and in all places.

cameron's bishop said something today that really made me think. he was presenting cam with his plaque and was wondering if the scripture he put on there as his favorite scripture was still his favorite. i thought about my favorite scripture which is Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-9 "My son [daughter], peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." That still is and will forever be my favorite. i sometimes feel like my life is full of never ending trials and it can get so so hard, especially with how the world is today, but i know that if i am strong and faithful and just keep pushing through with faith, obedience and diligence, the end result will be all worth it. and especially knowing that i am not alone. when i think about this scripture i like to think of my "friends" as being my Savior Jesus Christ. he is always standing by me with a warm heart and friendly hands to welcome me back and pick me up when i fall.

we as mormons are so blessed to have such a peace-giving gospel that allows us to fully partake of all that the atonement offers to us. the church is true and i love it!

i apologize that this turned into being a lot longer than i had expected, but my heart is so full of the spirit today and i would be very ungrateful not to share it! :) Happy Sunday!

No comments: