----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 7, 2012

finding joy in the journey.

This General Conference has done more for me than I could have ever imagined. Yesterday I found myself confused, hard hearted, upset and unhappy. Last night I tried to gather my thoughts and pleaded with the Lord to soften my heart and help me to understand his plan for me. I was reminded earlier that day in conference and by loving Noelle to "Find joy in the Journey." What journey though? I felt like I was walking a path that was not mine. One meant for someone else. This is not what I had planned for myself and was not who I wanted to be. I tried to explain that to the Lord and let out all of my frustrations. 

I woke up only to realize that my feelings were still there and that I needed something to help me be happy. I was looking for some kind of worldly object to make me happy. Maybe if I was skinnier I'd be happy. Maybe a certain oil will make me happy. Maybe I won't be truly happy until Cameron comes home. I knew these were all wrong because all of them, even just the thought of them still made me feel sad and empty. 

President Eyering's talk changed my life. He talked about the Lord's time and shared a story about his daughter wanting a baby and wanting it now. She wasn't able to. She finally pleaded with the Lord to help her fill her time with good things. As she did, she was blessed and the baby did come. I am learning that Heavenly Father does have a plan for us that is going to make us the happiest we can possibly be. He wants to bless us and give us everything we want, but in his own timing, not ours. He knows my desires and wants to make me happy, and all of my trials, they are part of my journey on a path that is better than I could have ever planned.

I have five goals that I have taken out of Conference and am going to apply them to my life:
  1. Become a full time representative of Jesus Christ.
  2. Improve my Faith and Trust in my Savior.
  3. Truly live the Gospel
  4. Love God
  5. Forget myself and go to work serving others.
This Gospel is amazing and it is true! Christ lives and loves us and he knows us!! 

Happy General Conference everyone and may we all strive to be more Christ-like each and everyday!

No comments: