----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Enrique sings to my heart.

Sometimes I think about all the things I could have already done and accomplished in my life if I didn't have people tell me I can't or that the things I want to do are stupid and pointless. I could agree. Some of the things that I have wanted to do or want to do now are quite off the wall and don't make sense to anyone. They do to me though, and I could be doing some amazing things.

I think about those people who had a dream and were laughed at. The person who invented the computer, who came up with the internet. Einstein, Martin Luther King Jr., the people who thought it would be amazing to walk on the moon. Those are all incredible things. What about those who train for hours and days for the chance to hike Mount Everest, or the girls who spend their life just praying they will be good enough to win the Miss America pageant? Would you call them stupid, silly, wasting their time?

Every person is different in their own way. From thinking about all these people, they all had someone against them, telling them it isn't worth it, that its silly and that they flat out can't do it, but they all chose to keep going, to believe in themselves and to accomplish what they put their minds to. I can be strong just like them and fight for what I want out of life, even though those things may be a little silly.

1 comment:

Beka said...

I totally agree with this post! there are so many voices who tell us we can't or shouldn't try to fulfill your dream. and even when you are making dreams come true there are the cynics who tell you it would be everything you hoped it would be or that you will fail. You just can't listen to these voices (even if they are in your own head, like sometimes they are in mine)! Reach for your dreams! we were all made to accomplish great things!