----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

U.S. Marines


I seriously don't know how the wives and husbands of those fighting in the war do it. There is this kid who is in my seminary class named Austin Peay and i am beginning to be very good friends with him. He is a senior and is training to be a marine. I don't know how he does it. I'd be so so so scared! Its what he wants to do. No one is forcing him to join the marines. I asked him the other day if he ever was scared about it or anything and all he said to me was Im not serving the lord by serving a mission, im serving him by serving our country and whatever happens i know that if i stay faithful to the lord his will, will be done. I look up to him so so much for this. But im not going to lie, im getting scared. Me and him are becoming really good friends and if something happened... like i said, i don't know how the family members of those out in the war do it. It already scares me and he's not even done with his training yet. I guess i just have to trust him and trust the lord that he'll keep him safe and that his family will be comforted. I look up to this kid alot also because even though he isn't going on a mission, he's studying his scriptures and praying like he was preparing for one. Like today in class our teacher asked us where in the scriptures we could find where it talks about baptism and he right away knew the scripture. i jus looked back at him and smiled. I wanna be jus like that!
So, kudos to all those who have family serving in the war! My prayers go out to all of you!

No comments: